By joining 24Lottos prime you Save % and participate in all the draws for one month with your selected numbers.
You can cancel any time.
Ok, got it!
To play the Powerball, one of the most prominent and rich lotteries in Australia, you’ll need to do the following:
To win the jackpot, you have to get all of the main numbers, as well as the Powerball number correct.
One of the best aspects of the Australia Powerball is that it has multiple prize tiers. Obviously, the jackpot is the most lucrative one but the lottery offers 7 additional ways to win a prize:
|Numbers Matched||Estimated Prize (AUD)|
|6 + Powerball||Jackpot|
|5 + Powerball||$6,000|
|4 + Powerball||$60|
|3 + Powerball||$38|
|2 + Powerball||$13|
Australia Powerball lottery comes with a minimum guaranteed jackpot of 3 million Australian dollars (2.27 million US dollars). If there’s no winner for the respective drawing, the amount will roll over towards the next one.
The other prizes presented in the table above are averages. An award will be determined on the number of people who have bought a ticket for the respective drawing and the number of winners in each prize tier. The prize pool for the respective prize tier will be split evenly among all winners (a pari-mutuel lottery).
1. Australia Powerball is a weekly game and drawings take place on Thursday. It is one of the games in the portfolio of Oz Lotteries – a Brisbane-based and fully accredited lotto company. The first Oz Powerball drawing took place in 1996 and the game is based on its US namesake. Ever since that very first drawing, Australia Powerball has been a massive hit.
2. The biggest jackpot in the history of the game fell in July 2009. Ever since, the record of 80 million Australian dollars remains undefeated. The largest jackpot claimed by a single winner was 70 million dollars and it fell in 2016. That ticket was bought in Hervey Bay but the winner preferred to remain anonymous.
3. Over the years, there have been many other quite spectacular jackpots. A syndicate from the Queensland Department of Education won 55 million dollars in the beginning of 2017. This syndicate consisted of 21 members, all of them governmental workers. Each individual ended up being 2.62 million dollars richer after the huge accomplishment. In May 2017, one unemployed man from Sydney won 50 million dollars. Aged in his 30s, the luckiest jobless man in Australia claimed he didn’t know how many zeroes there were in 50 million but he promised to be generous and to share the award with others.
4. It’s interesting to point out that Australia Powerball jackpots follow a specific pattern when they grow. The minimum guaranteed sum is 3 million dollars. If there’s no winner for the respective drawing, the jackpot will increase to an approximate 6 million dollars, followed by 10 million, 15 million, 20 million, 40 million and if there’s still no winner – 50, 70 and 80 million Australian dollars.
5. There are no restrictions when it comes to who can play Oz Lottery games (other than the age requirement). Australia’s most popular games like Powerball are open to international players and today, acquiring a ticket for a drawing of interest has become easier than ever.
6. One of the best aspects of playing Australian lotteries is that the government doesn’t withhold taxes on the sums that players win. The only thing to keep in mind if you’re an international player is that the local government in your country of origin may still apply a tax to the lottery prize that you’ve won from Australia.
7. The odds of winning any prize in Powerball are 1 in 10, which makes the game pretty favorable for those interested in acquiring at least a small sum (maybe even a bigger one!).
The Australia Powerball draws take place on:
Ticket sales close at 7pm on the day of the drawing.
To find out if you’ve won something, check the Powerball results below:
|Yesterday, 17 Jun||
Error occured! Please try again Later!
24Lottos is especially designed for the needs of international lottery players. You can be located in any part of the world – except in the United States and Israel.
The only condition that all players have to meet is being of legal age (18 or older).
24Lottos doesn’t take any fee or commission on prizes, the winnings are fully yours!
We’ll send you an email notification about your winnings and they will be credited to your account immediately. After your account will be credited, you can withdraw the money or buy more tickets.
If you win the jackpot, you will be contacted by our winner's support team and explain how to proceed and how you would like to be paid.
You will get your winnings guaranteed. The whole purpose of 24Lottos is to provide a secured service for playing lotteries worldwide, and this is our expertise to make sure you will receive your winnings on time.